I saw this open tag on Aberdeen’s blog, and I thought it looked like fun so I grabbed it. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (thanks, Aberdeen!)
- Give eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the eleven questions given to you
- Tag eleven bloggers (or not 😛), and give them eleven new questions to answer
Eleven facts about myself:
- I love dark chocolate. I mean really dark, like 85 or 90 percent.
- I also love tea. I’ll drink pretty much any kind, but my favorites right now are chai spice and Good Earth Sweet and Spicy.
- I have a four-by-eight foot whiteboard hanging above my bed (I originally got it for Bible Bee, but right now it’s just full of all kinds of quotes, diagrams, and random drawings by my friends).
- I used to want to be a marine biologist.
- As a result, I have two fish tanks, and another that’s not set up yet.
- I’ve been out of the country one time, to visit friends in Honduras.
- I have mild allergies to pretty much the entire planet.
- I’ve been playing violin for about three years.
- I’ve played piano for much longer, but I no longer have a teacher so I don’t practice much.
- I’m very passionate about studying the Bible and getting other people to study it, too (if you hadn’t noticed).
- My music tastes consist of several obscure Christian artists, along with Classical, hymns, and some other stuff.
What’s your favorite way to communicate with friends if you can’t be together in person (phone, Skype, email, snail mail, etc.)?
Email, probably. I basically write letters to a lot of my BB friends through email, and it’s great to be able to really put some thought into what I want to say, especially when I’m sharing what I’ve been learning through Bible study or something like that. And I also love getting really long emails.
What is something that surprised you about blogging?
Um, well, I’ve only been blogging for a few weeks, so I’m not sure I can really answer that question… Maybe how hard it is to stay on track and post regularly.
What is your least favorite time of day and why?
The early afternoon, because it’s that awkward period after lunch where I want/need to work on school or something, but first I have to go finish all my after-lunch chores which I really have no desire to do.
Who are some historical heroes of yours?
Hmm… Well, assuming we’re excluding biblical figures, Bach is definitely first on the list. I learned about him recently in my dual enrollment Humanities class, and it’s so cool how he tried to bring everything back to God’s glory, and that affected his music.
What’s a song that describes your life right now?
Sirens or Stole My Fame by the Gray Havens; This Cup by Sara Groves (Well, I obviously couldn’t just choose one, could I?)
What YouTube channels do you follow (if any)?
I don’t really watch YouTube, but if I did it would be Studio C or Blimey Cow.
What are three things on your bucket list? If you don’t have one, what are three random dreams or goals of yours?
I don’t have a proper bucket list, but here are a few semi-unrealistic goals:
- To become a famous author and have dinner with the president and tea with the queen of England. (That counts as one because they’re all connected)
- To take a major car trip around the U.S. with one or more friends and visit a bunch of people.
- To memorize the entire Bible. Actually, this is a real goal of mine…
How do you act when you’re extremely happy about something?
If I’m in front of people I try to remain fairly calm, and as soon as I’m by myself I dance around my room and basically go crazy in my own highly introverted way.
What do you want people around you to do when you’re really upset about something?
Usually I just want them to leave me alone so I can cry privately; but it’s also helpful (sometimes) to have good friends who encourage me and point me back to the truth.
What is one pro and one con of your place in the family (oldest child, youngest, middle, only)?
I’m the oldest of three. A definite pro is that I get my own room (though that probably has more to do with being the only girl); I guess one con is that I’m always the one left in charge.
What is one thing you want your future self to remember?
I honestly don’t know. Probably what it feels like to be a kid/teenager, so when I’m an adult interacting with younger people I can remember how special it was when older kids or adults gave me their time and attention.
- What’s your favorite kind of cold drink?
- If you were given a day to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?
- Do you enjoy being home alone?
- What is one subject or issue that you are passionate about?
- Is there a country or city you really want to visit?
- Who are some people (living or dead) who inspire you?
- What are your thoughts on roller coasters?
- If you were going to plan the perfect dinner party for yourself and your best friends, where would it be and what would you eat?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Do you have a favorite verse or passage from the Bible?
- What is one song or book you like that no one has ever heard of?
I’ll just leave this tag open, so if you want to grab it go ahead; or you can just answer the questions in the comments below. Enjoy!